This cute mini-apple tree would make a great back-to-school gift for your child’s teacher, or it could be a fun craft for your kids to make in preparation for the upcoming fall season. For this simple craft, all you need are cardboard toilet paper tubes, paint, a chenille stem, and a small tree branch.
- Cardboard toilet paper tubes (2-4)
- Green and/or red non-toxic paint
- Brown chenille stems
- Tree branch
- Non-toxic glue gun
- Green construction paper
- Empty jar or can
- Shredded newspaper or sand
- Paint each tube red or green and let dry.
- Cut the cardboard tube into circles, approximately ½-inch wide
- For the apples, take cardboard circles and put them together to form ball. Staple or glue them together.
- Take 2-inches of the brown chenille and twist to make a hook on one end. Then glue the other end to the apple.
- Fill the empty jar or can with shredded newspaper or sand.
- Place the tree branch in the container.
- Using the twisted stem, hang the apples on the tree branch.
- Cut out some leaves with the green construction paper and glue them on to the branches.