Valley Oak SPCA’s 28th annual Walk-a-Dog-a-Thon on May 11 at Mooney Grove Park will be our biggest yet!
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Amanda Giese, founder of Panda Paws Rescue and star of Animal Planet’s hit television show “Amanda to the Rescue” will be attending and speaking about how rescue work in the Central Valley is so vital. Valley Oak SPCA has partnered with Amanda and Panda Paws Rescue for many years, and some of our rescue stories were featured on multiple episodes of the show.
- Dog adoptions from local rescues and shelters.
- Food vendors and a variety of retail vendors.
- Local art displays, bounce houses, face painting, pet trainer demos, onsite grooming, low-cost vaccination and microchip clinic, pet contests and games, prizes and raffle items.
- Three-mile run/walk with your dog through beautiful Mooney Grove Park
Why sponsor or raise funds?
Valley Oak SPCA, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill rescue and veterinary clinic. Our mission is to provide shelter, adoption services, low-cost veterinary care and community education to eliminate the suffering of companion animals.
Each year, Valley Oak SPCA provides safety, food, care and medical treatment to thousands of homeless and unwanted dogs, puppies, cats and kittens. Your sponsorship and fundraising helps us give these animals a chance to live happy, healthy lives.
We spend thousands of dollars annually in providing boots on the ground rescues, medical treatment, surgeries, and care for dogs and cats to help them on their journey toward a new home and life. Rescuing and giving them the medical care they need requires intense effort and determination on our part, sometimes working around the clock to ensure that the sick, severely neglected and abused animals can survive.
Without fundraising from community members and organizations for events like these, we would not be able to continue our work.
Hope to see you there!
For more information about our organization or this event, please contact Matthew Davis, events coordinator, at MDavis@vospca.org.
Pet of the Month
Paco is a 3-year-old Chihuahua. He is a great travel buddy. He needs a dog companion to keep him company when he is home alone. He loves to cuddle, give kisses and play with his toys. Paco is a sweet, loving boy who is looking for the perfect family ready to make him part of their home. If interested, contact Valley Oak SPCA at 559-651-1111.